Greenbuild, the world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to green building started yesterday, and it will continue until tomorrow. So, hurry up! Pack your bags and go to Boston. Otherwise, you will miss the opportunity to connect with more than 25,000 green building and design professionals and sustainability leaders from around the world.
This year, Greenbuild partnered with ArchitectureBoston Expo (ABX), giving you the opportunity to visit over 800 suppliers and top manufacturers of the largest green building equipment showcasing their latest technologies and services at the Exhibit Hall.
The advantage of combining these two events is more educational, exhibition and networking opportunities throughout the week, conveniently placed all in one building. A win-win! Another new cool feature of this event is called “Braindate”, a new way for attendees to share their knowledge while building their professional network.
The five-time winner of the IMEX-GMIC Green Meetings award released their 2016 Sustainability Report as a commitment to raise their sustainable bar every year. Last year, Greenbuild was celebrated at the Los Angeles Convention Center, which launched a massive retrofit project for its over 700 toilets and 30 urinals in 2015 as an effort to reduce their overall water consumption. Upgrading to the latest green technologies such as our Hybrid Urinal technology help them reduced nearly 100% of their water usage by using Sloan’s revolutionary Jetrinse TM Solution Technology created by Falcon Waterfree Technologies.
However, Greenbuild is more than your average conference, and USGBC’s commitment to minimizing their environmental impact goes beyond the hosting facility’s sustainability efforts, the Greenbuild team works towards the following eight objectives:
- Move Toward a Zero Waste Event: Greenbuild is working towards to eliminate and reduce non-essential materials.
- Increase Stakeholder Education and Engagement: Last year in the midst of a historic drought, the WaterBuild Summit was launched in Los Angeles to address the global water crisis.
- Improve Sustainable Sourcing: The Greenbuild team sources the majority of food and beverages from local and regional suppliers.
- Improve Performance Tracking: For this year’s event, Greenbuild has been discussing to improve their collected data and waste management.
- Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Greenbuild gives you the opportunity to pay a little bit extra to offset your travel’s carbon footprint
- Positively Impact Communities
- Catalyze the Advancement of Green Building Initiatives and Sustainable
- Operations within the Hospitality Industry: The local host committee focused on advancing the sustainability efforts of the hotels around the area by offering LEED gap analysis.