It’s that time of the year when a spring cleaning is in order, and your high performance urinals are no different! It’s the perfect time to replace the Velocity cartridge in of your units!
After getting all your tools together:
- Spray surface of the bowl with eco-friendly cleaner and wipe
- Insert PRO-key at a 45 degree angle into holes on top of the cartridge
- Turn key to left to unlock
- Lift and tilt cartridge to drain all liquids
- Place cartridge into bag, tie bag to seal and dispose
- Spray eco-friendly cleaner into housing
- Use urinal bottle brush to clean the housing drain line exit
- Dump a gallon bucket of hot water into the housing. If hot water is not available, cold water would do just fine.
- Place new Velocity Cartridge with logo at 11 o’clock
- Turn key a quarter to lock it in at 12 o’clock. Logo will be facing straight up once fully locked in.
Download your Cleaning Checklist for High Performance Urinals
Tips to maintain our high performance urinals
Keep a log to track cartridge changes
Keep a log to track cartridge changes and maintenance and move to a scheduled change out, just like a maintenance company would do for all the light bulbs in your facility.
Don’t know how often you have to change our Velocity cartridge? Write down the date when you change your cartridge, so next time you have to change it you’ll know how long the cartridge will last in your facility.
Haven’t tried our Velocity cartridge? Click here and learn about the key benefits of our Velocity Cartridge, which includes better sealant retention, odor-free restrooms and cleaner pipes and housing.
*THE VELOCITY CARTRIDGE IS AVAILABLE TO THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET THROUGH OUR EXCLUSIVE PARTNERS, SLOAN VALVE COMPANY AND BOBRICK.