Greenbuild is coming to LA! And we cannot be more excited! In case you have been hiding under a rock, Greenbuild is the world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to green building. The three-day long gathering promotes networking opportunities, industry showcases, LEED workshops and tours of the host city’s green buildings.
The event also provides the opportunity to visit more than 600 suppliers and top manufacturers of the latest green building equipment, products, services and technology available in today’s market and over 200 educational sessions.
Additionally, Greenbuild committee develops a roster of events to complement the conference and expo. This year, attendees can participate in:
- Greenbuild Film Festival, which screens documentaries, films and informational videos.
- The USGBC Leadership Awards Luncheon that recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations committed to advancing green building design, construction and operations.
- TalentFX is a green job fair
- The Women in Green Power Breakfast is a gathering for sustainability leaders who are shaping the green economy to mentor and motivate new leaders.
- The GBCI Certification Work Zone is a place for project teams to interact with GBCI project reviewers.
Greenbuild is more than your average conference. To minimize Greenbuild’s their environmental impact, they meet seven objectives:
- In order to move toward a zero waste event, the organizers created a waste bin makeover and The Walter E. Washington convention center achieved an 84% waste diversion
- To increase the stakeholder education and engagement, the Greenbuild Team engages attendees around sustainable practices from the time they register and select a hotel to helping them plan public transportation to the airport for their flight home. The team also works with TripAdvisor, who recognizes hotels that implement sustainable practices with a free certification.
- In 2015, the Greenbuild Team accomplished to eliminate materials like vinyl and polystyrene from their show design.
- Greenbuild also improved their waste performance tracking.
- In 2014, the event has become the largest US conference to be 100% carbon neutral.
- Greenbuild has been positively impacting communities through their Urban Food Garden and Women in Green Power Breakfast.
- Finally, the conference has been catalyzing the advancement of green building initiatives and sustainable operations within the hospitality industry.
You can check out their full 2015 Sustainability Report here.
Still wondering if going to Greenbuild is for you? Falcon Waterfree Technologies would be there! Come and meet us on October 5th-7th, 2016!